Thursday, June 21, 2007

And Still He Haunts Me.....

Lately George Washington has been visiting my dreams. Elegantly attired in his generals uniform of blue coat and golden vest, he stands slightly behind me in all situations. He never utters a word, just nods his head in approval or glares in what can only be described as a "Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis?" fashion. Two nights ago, I was sitting at my desk at work, formatting a spreadsheet. George loomed behind me as I switched the column headings from red fill to blue. A nod of approval. A week ago, we went to the local gay bar. While I was happy to see that George had no immediate feelings on the bar in general, my choice of drink, a mellonball, was scoffed at. (C'mon people they're delicious. And if a fag can't order a fruity neon green drink in a fag bar, then what hope is left in the world). Last night, I was being chased by an unknown pursuer. George followed shortly behind me on his horse at a moderate canter. As I turned to look at my pursuer, George, glared as I tripped over the tree branch in front of me. A nod followed as I got up and continued my flight away from the unseen homicidal maniac that was behind me. His assistance beyond mere head bobs would have been nice. He was on a horse after all.

Lest you think that I am wishing for George to sweep me away on his gallant steed, the dream me is completely unaware of George. I do as I please despite his nods or Gary Coleman-esque mugging. I'm not yet sure if the founding father is judging me or offering advice. George refuses to play second banana in these dreams. Unlike a Saturday Night Live skit that you sit and wonder "where the hell is this going?" until your favorite character walks in, George is front and center, present from the first part of the dream until the end.

Perhaps the next step is to try and become an oracle. Have people funnel their yes/no questions for George through me. If you have any questions for George Washington, leave them in comment section and I'll see If I can communicate with him. To unlock the universe's mysteries with a yes or "Whatchu talkin bout Willis?" head nod.

No comments: